Level: Semi pro - Pro.
Lenses: 8- 200mm.
Features: Arca-Swiss Modular Design, Strongest, Repeatable Results
Uses: Landscape, Super High Resolution, Gigapixels, Commercial, HDR
This 360 panoramic head is based on Arca Swiss compatible system, the industry standard for a high-end photographic support system. The upper rotator incorporates 7.5-degree positive stops (perfect for shooting multiple rows with lenses up to 200mm. The lower rotator is the advanced RD16-II (click tab above). The M1-L is compatible with all DSLR's and most medium format cameras also supporting lenses up to 200mm. Precision CNC machined from premium T6061 aluminum and anodized, the M1-L is built with a high degree of precision, accuracy, durability to ensure a lifetime of use. The first model in this modular system is the M1 which has 7.5-degree precise positive stops at the upper rotator, supporting lenses from ultra wide angles to 200mm telephotos. It allows templates to be used to speed up stitching and reduce stitching errors.
- Lens Ring Mount for Supporting Fisheye Lenses directly to upper rotator clamp
- M Series Nadir Adapter (F8301)
- M1L M2 Series Vertical Extender (F8310)
- Stop Plate Arca-Swiss Style 2ea (F2106)
Notes: *QRC-65 can also be used. QRC-55 is recommended for a smaller footprint.
The customer can buy our dedicated camera plates or use "any" Arca-Swiss compatible camera plate.
The advantage of M1 over M2 is the upper rotator incorporates 7.5 click stops. Great for exacting results and batch processing of images.
The M2 upper rotator uses a compression style lock system which has a more fluid gimbal arm style movement.
The Lower Rotator RD-16-II:
Part of a series of Fanotec's new top of the line CNC machined advanced rotators. These rotators combine high precision, ease of use, compactness, light weight and durability. The inner ball bearing construction also provides for very fluid rotation. You can now change click stops on-the-fly. Ideal in time-sensitive situations in which shooting must be completed quickly, such as in shooting high-resolution multi-image mosaics or shooting the same scene at different focal lengths. The RD16-II has 16 different selectable click options suitable for wide angle, standard and long focal length shooting to approx. 200mm. Features you'll find in this new class of rotators:
- Blue marker ring which can be rotated to mark points on a lower rotator (2nd generation feature).
- Movable index ring - rotate the index ring to any predetermined position (2nd generation feature).
- Made from imported premium quality aluminum alloy.
- Precision CNC machined components.
- Lubricated steel ball bearings for smooth rotation.
- Laser engraved markings.
- Detent interval (click stop) option can be changed on the fly.
- More than 10 kg (22lbs) loading supported.
- Detent interval can be changed in seconds on the fly.
- Knob for locking rotation.
- Retainer wire so you don't lose the knobs.
- Ideal for making HDR panoramas and/or mosaics.
- Great in windy locations.
- Small nadir footprint.
- Small nadir footprint diameter of 62mm.
- The unique placement of knobs means that they will never appear in the spherical panoramas.
- Fine 2.5-degree rotation markings for making high-resolution mosaics.
- Compact and lightweight - only 347 grams.
- 16 different degree stop increments (with an equivalent number of stops around) include:
- 3.75 (96 stops)*
- 5 (72 stops)*
- 6 (60 stops)*
- 7.5 (48 stops)
- 10 (36 stops)
- 12 (30 stops)
- 15 (24 stops)
- 18 (20 stops)*
- 20 (18 stops)
- 24 (15 stops)
- 30 (12 stops)
- 36 (10 stops)
- 45 (8 stops)
- 60 (6 stops)
- 90 (4 stops)
- 120 (3 stops)
What's in the Box
- RD16-II (F1161)
(120, 90, 60, 45, 36, 30, 24, 20, 18, 15, 12, 10, 7.5, 6, 5, 3.75) to support:
- QRC-55 (Lower Rotator Quick Release Clamp)* Jaw length: 55mm (F8303)
- MFR-210 Double Dovetail (Lower Rail) Length: 210mm (F8150)
- MFVR-170C Double Dovetail Vertical Rail with Integral QR Clamp (Vertical Rail) (F8152)
- M1 Upper Rotator with 7.5 deg Stops to support:
- QRC-55 (Upper Rotator Quick Release Clamp) * Jaw length: 55mm (F8303)
- MFR-170 Double Dovetail (Upper Rail) Length: 170mm (F8151)
- QRC-40A (Upper Rail End Clamp) Jaw length: 40mm (F2100)
- Case (F8117)
This listing does not include a camera mounting plate. You can use one of our custom Arca-Swiss camera mounting plates or any third party Arca-Swiss camera plate.
The that upper rail MFR-170 may be too short for lenses with length greater than 110mm. Choose MFR-210 for upper rail if using lenses with physical length longer than 110mm and/or a camera with attached battery grip.
GSA# GS-02F-016CA Made in Hong Kong